Friday, December 14, 2012

A wonderful friend died the other day. Allen was one of those people I watched and copied.  I respect so much of what he's done.  Allen seemed to find that elusive balance between giving to others and giving to self.  He didn't just talk about helping and being of service to others. He was the paradigm for it.

I'm big on self-respect.  I try and take the advice I give my clients.  I say, "If you see someone doing something you respect, then if you copy it, you'll respect yourself, and that is how you develop self-respect."

I've tried to live a lot like Allen and will continue to do so.  And if I can do for someone what he has done for me, then my life has been worth living.

Thanks Allen, for all those intellectual debates and private conversations we had sitting on your porch while you smoked your pipe.  Thanks for being you, as it's made me a better person.  Look down and be proud my dear friend.  You've made the world and it's people just a little bit better.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment